Adding a new Image Gallery to your website
An Image Gallery is used when you want to display a series of photos in a page. This kind of page is commonly used to showcase pictures of projects or explorations. The galleries appear as a thumbnail grid style but the images enlarge once tapped.
For quick reference, here's the silent tutorial video on adding a new Image Gallery to your website. Please note there's no audio so you can focus more on what is happening on the screen. The step-by-step process is further explained below.
1. From the "HQi Content Manager" section of HQi, select "Add/Edit Pages" on the menu.
2. Choose the location for the new Image Gallery, e.g., "About Us" section. Then tap the green + button on the right-hand side of the item to add new page.
3. After clicking the add-new-page button, a pop-up menu will appear to determine what type of page you'd like to add. Go for the "Image Gallery" option.
4. You'll then be transferred to the following page where you can set up your Image Gallery page.
5. The "Page Title" field will contain the name of your Image Gallery page, i.e., how it will appear within your website navigation.
6. By selecting the checkbox next to "Show image gallery in menu," the Image Gallery will automatically be displayed within HQi and your website navigation.
Please note, you can leave this button unticked while loading initial content on the page. When all content is complete, you can re-tick this button by accessing it via the blue world icon on the "Add/Edit Pages" area. This will allow the page to be viewed from the live navigation.
7. By clicking the "Display" option, you can add an introduction to your gallery page. You can briefly describe what the images are all about in that field.
8. Once you've entered your details, click the "Save" button at the top of the page.
You will be led back to the "Add/Edit Content" section of HQi where you'll see your new Image Gallery page within the menu.
9. Select your new Image Gallery page to add images to your gallery.
To add images to the image gallery you must have already uploaded these to the website using the "Add/Edit Images" tool. These steps are explained in "Adding an image to a flat page."
10. Click on the "Add New Image to Gallery Page" button.
11. You will then be directed to a page with all your uploaded images (see below). From there you can decide on the images you'd like to add to your new gallery.
You can add multiple images from the gallery by checking the tick boxes on the left-hand side of the image.
12. Once you've marked the images you wish to use in the gallery, hit the "Save" button at the top of the page.
13. After you've selected "Save", you'll be shown the images you've added to your gallery. In this "Edit Gallery" page, you can rearrange the order of the images using the up and down arrows.
From here you can also add captions to your images using the blue world icon (see below). You can also delete an image by clicking the trash icon at the far right side of the item.
14. When the images have been uploaded, click "Save" and the images will be visible on your website after you authorise the page.