We’ve introduced Keywords for Newsroom so now you can set specific keywords and then tailor how announcements that use that keyword in their title will be released.
For example, you may wish to set a keyword named “Presentation”, and send any announcements that use the keyword to go directly to the presentations page of your website, a specific subscriber group and social media channels.
How can I add keywords to my Newsroom?
1. Navigate to your Newsroom module and click settings.
2. Click on “Manage Keywords” at the bottom right of the page.
3. Click the “Add Keyword” button at the top left of the page.
4. Fill in the text of the keyword that you’d like to add.
5. Once you have added a keyword you now need to add a new distribution source type.
6. Click on “Distribution channels” and click the “Add” button next to Source Type.
7. Select “Create New Type” from the dropdown and name your type and select “Add”.
8. You’ll be taken to the next step where you’ll now be able to select the keywords that you added earlier. Simply find the keywords you want to add to this distribution and select “Add” to the right of them.
9. Once you have added all of the keywords click “Continue” to move to the final part of the setup.
10. You’ll now decide where you want announcements that use this keyword to go. To enable channels simply click yes next to them, use the tabs to move between the channels. More notes on setting up distribution channels can be found here.
How does this look in Newsroom?
In your distribution channels you’ll see an additional type on the left with additional settings to the right of them, these settings will only be followed when this keyword is found within the announcement title.