Authorising, Editing Suggested Support Requests
We have expanded HQi’s Support Request capabilities to provide suggestions for improvements in your website. Our team will submit these proposed tasks to you through HQi, following a review of your webpage.
Clients on our Enterprise plans may opt for website reviews as part of their plan's 3 free consulting services per year. However, if you’re not on such plan, you can request the review as a consultative service and we’d be happy to make recommendations for a one-off fee.
- To see our proposed tasks for your site, just navigate to the “Support” section on the left-hand side of your HQi menu and click “Support Request History.”
- From there you’ll see a list of all our suggested tasks to upgrade your site. Selecting a task will enable you to view the specific details on the recommended work.
- Go over the task’s details to consider the advancements to be done on your webpage. Once you have approved the proposal, hit “Authorise” to implement them. Alternatively, you can opt for “Decline” if you’re not ready for the modifications.
- You can also click “Edit” to add your notes on the proposed task and give us more directions on changes you'd like to see.
Picking out the “Edit” button will lead you to the “Modify Support Request” page, where you can indicate the task’s priority, due date and other necessary information for your desired revisions.
- If you would like to make a new task, just tap the “Create New Support Request” tab, which you can access in two ways. You’ll find the “Create New Support Request” button from the “Support Request History” page…
… or from the “Support” tab in HQi’s main menu.
- You can track your authorised task’s progress from its “Status” when you check it in your “Support Request History.”